On the 1st of May Thornton Lodge Nursery and Dryclough Infant will Merge with Crosland Moor Junior School. The new school name will be Oak C of E Primary.
Please visit individual school sites for school policies and procedures and all updates
Please note that the new school site is under construction
‘Crosland Moor Junior School is a GOOD school’
(Ofsted January 2015)
As a school we are very proud of our recent Ofsted grading. It reflects all the hard work the pupils, staff, governors and parents / carers have put in over the past years. The judgment is a great tribute to Mrs Richardson who set us on this journey when she started in 2009. She would be very proud. We will use this as the starting point for our journey to becoming outstanding.
• The school is well led. Governors have managed the recent changes in leadership successfully and sensitively. They have ensured continuity, with little disruption for pupils and for their learning and progress.
• The acting headteacher and other leaders are highly ambitious for the school and have improved the school’s systems for checking on pupils’ progress and on the quality of teaching. This is having a positive impact on pupils’ achievement which is improving.
• Pupils are proud of their school. They feel safe and behave well in lessons and around school. Relationships with each other and staff are good and pupils work very well together.
• Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is strong and greatly supports the friendly, purposeful ethos of the school.
• Teaching is good across the school. Teachers have high expectations for pupils and make learning interesting for them.
• Education teaching assistants provide good support to individuals and groups of pupils, which ensures they achieve well.
• Since the last inspection, pupils’ attainment and achievement have both risen. Current standards in reading, writing and mathematics in Year 6 are close to the national average.
• Gaps in attainment between disadvantaged pupils and others in the school have narrowed.
The link below will take you a copy of the full report.
Many thanks for your ongoing support.